LIFESTYLE \\ January Favourites

Monday 29 January 2018

Hello there!

For the 74th time I am writing to say 'I AM BACK AGAIN PLEASE GIVE MY BLOG LOVE' because we all know that for things to grow you have to give it time and love etc. etc. etc. Well, as it turns out I have learned that I can't even keep a succulent alive (let alone a blog) but have decided to try again in spite of my better knowledge.



Anyway, I thought I'd start it off simply by showing you all a few of my favourite beauty and lifestyle bits from this month. It has been horrifically cold, windy and wet in Bath and these little bits and pieces have made my month just that little bit brighter.

I'm going to start with a few beauty bits because who doesn't like to hear a quick beauty review? First up is my current fave foundation by The Ordinary. I managed to get the serum foundation (1.0 P) from ASOS for a whole £5.40 and for the price it is a fantastic foundation. It's lightweight, a good shade for me and even better - very cheap! It's not my favourite ever foundation but I'll definitely buy another bottle.

I finally got the opportunity to try Roller Lash by Benefit. This got such a huge reputation from bloggers as being an amazing mascara and finally I'm able to chip in. It is a fantastic lengthening mascara - and pretty good at curling my lashes too. Again, it's not my favourite ever mascara but it definitely is not the worst I've ever tried. I love the lengthening but it also makes my lashes quite clumpy (and sorry I'm not about that clump life). 


Next up on the Benefit train is my staple Gimme Brow. There was a major QC issue and this is my last bottle so I put myself off using it so I could make it last forever. I tried a few other products in the range but gave in and went back to basics. It is just so simple to use and makes my brows look better but not overdone at all. Does anyone have any suggestions on similar products that will not break the bank? Please and thank you!

I've tried my hardest to go back to wearing lipstick as much as I can. It used to be a staple that I never left the house without and for the past year or so I have neglected my ever-growing collection. For my birthday I was lucky enough to get 6 mini MAC lipsticks including a gorgeous orange-red called High Society (can't find a full size!). I've always wanted an orange-red lipstick but because I'm quite cool toned they never look right. For some reason High Society actually looks great - I'm definitely a warm lipstick convert!


Lastly on the beauty train is the La Nuit Tresor by Lancome. This was a gift for Christmas and, whilst I wouldn't have even thought to smell it myself, am so glad I got this one! It's pretty dark and musky ut when applied minimally it can 100% be used as a day perfume. I wore it for 2 days and had 5 people ask me what my new scent was and tell me it was gorgeous. 10/10 would recommend.


Lastly, I had to bring your attention to my glitter diary from Typo. Typo are my favourite Australian stationery brand (think Paperchase but cheaper!) and I started jumping up and down in the street when I saw that a store popped up in Bath. I got this (somewhat basic) planner for £4 in the sale and not only does it help me plan things, it also looks fantastic in flat lays. If you haven't looked already, check out Typo unless you want to keep a healthy bank balance.

So these are a few of my favourites this month! It's pretty beauty focused but when I got so many goodies for Christmas I couldn't help it!

What have you been loving recently? Have you tried any of these products? Let me know!

Rachael 

2 comments :

  1. The blogging gods heard my prayers, and you've returned! Yay! I'm so confused by the Ordinary. They're cruelty free and have a lot of vegan products but there is so much choice I am completely overwhelmed and baffled, which makes me want to hide under my duvet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind! It has been far too long - I didn't think I'd ever come back! The Ordinary do have a lot to offer and everything is in the same style bottle so impossible to tell apart haha! I followed my gut and got the right shade but if you don't want to guess they do have a few stores now! Lakeside House of Fraser have one!

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I appreciate every single one of them and will get back to them as soon as I can :)