LIFESTYLE // Current Obsessions

Thursday 3 March 2016


Hey there!
It has gotten to that point in the semester when work is starting to take over. I've got coursework, the write up of my project, a show to rehearse, a show to perform, university visits and interviews, exercising, ballet, birthdays and that is just the start of it. I hope that explains why I have been a little quiet recently (and will be for the next couple of months) although I'm trying super hard to get one post up a week for you guys.


Today I thought I'd share a few of my current obsessions that are keeping me sane during this crazy time. When a girl's got work to do, that means she has to up her procrastination too afterall.



Music
When the going gets tough, make a new Spotify playlist. The most recent offering is nothing but acoustic tracks to keep me calm - in theory. I've thrown such a wide mix of songs together and it's pretty darn good. 

Twenty One Pilots - Can't Help Falling in Love
Sia - Chandelier (Piano Version)
The Fray - Over My Head (Cable Car) 
John Mayer - XO
James Bay - If You Ever Want To Be in Love


Oh, and if you haven't heard Catfish and The Bottlemen's new song Soundcheck, do so asap. It's good. Really good.


Books
What is it about deadlines which make you procrastiread? I managed to read The Selection, The Elite and The One in just 36 hours because I had far too much work to do and those books were much easier to read. Autumn Doughton and Erica Cope's new book The Bright Effect is a good read too. I read it in a single sitting #noragrets.


Beauty
Benefit's Gimme Brow is on my face every single morning. Even when my brows had grown out a bit it managed to slick them back into semi-tidiness. I'm also depending far too much on my Clinique High Impact mascara and Soap and Glory Supercat liner as a quick and easy look for those days where it is all too much. You've got to love a 3 product face!

TV

Is it just me, or is there lots of good TV on right now? Between Virtually Famous, Lucifer, Cuckoo, The Goldbergs and Brooklyn-99 I struggle to find time to watch it all! Well, I need something to keep me busy after finishing Community!

So those a just a few bits and pieces that are keeping me sane during this stressful time. I'm sure the cake, sweets and syrupy coffees will be at the top of this list soon but - until then - this will have to do!

What are you loving right now? Let me know!

4 comments :

  1. I'm loving 21 pilots and the fray lately! And I found out that piano version of chandelier on spotify and I was amazed! totally love it. You just gave me a lot of new shows to watch!

    www.blossomikebana.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the piano version of Chandelier. To be honest, Sia could sing the contents of any food product and I'd find it stunning.

    Meg | A Little Twist Of…

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the goldbergs it's such a sweet comedy! It's hard juggling things in life but it keeps you busy !
    Www.glitzandglamourmakeup.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Goldberg is officially one of my favourite shows on TV - it's hilarious. I love your photography, so beautiful xx

    Sophie Elizabeth
    www.popcornandglitter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I appreciate every single one of them and will get back to them as soon as I can :)