TRAVEL // Corfu Travel Diary Pt. 3

Monday 28 September 2015

Hello my lovelies!
Today comes the last post in my travel diaries regarding to Corfu. As I'm sure you've seen in the other two posts, it really is a beautiful island full of views to die for, culture and greek food. This post is focused around my favourite spot we found on the island - Paleokastritsa. It's on the west coast and pretty built up with plenty of coves and small beaches. Fortunately, quite a few have reasonably priced loungers and parasols (3 loungers and 1 parasol generally got $11). Anyway, like I said in an earlier post, if I returned to the Corfu, this is where I'd stay - no doubt.

Corfu
Corfu Corfu Corfu>

I have not seen water so blue and calm in a long time. I was just itching to find somewhere that rented out paddle boards because i was the perfect weather to do so. Instead I rented out a pedalo with my dad for 30 minutes (costing 5 euros) which I would highly recommend. It's amazing to pedal out into the wide ocean and just see blue for miles. I absolutely loved it.


One thing I will mention is how much I'm loving having a Go Pro. Sure, you cannot see what you're taking but it's kind of fun. It's nice having a camera to take that you don't need to worry about getting wet meaning I can get shots like this. It will never leave my side during my trip to Australia - that's for sure!

Corfu Corfu Corfu Corfu

During the day I bought a ticket for the Yellow Submarine and Aquarium which, combined, was 10 euros. The boat took you around some of the rocks and you could go to the lower deck to enjoy seeing fish as well as the views on top. You don't get to go close to the coves like the small motor boats but enjoyable. The aquarium is just a little shack on the beach and absolutely adorable. The staff are all so knowledgeable and want to tell you so much. They even had an iguana out of it's enclosure (it was a pet originally apparently) so we got to give it a little pet on the head. I would suggest you get the combined ticket as it really is good value. Those poor fishies need feeding after all!

Corfu Corfu Corfu

I absolutely loved my day in Paleokastritsa. It is a beautiful area with plenty to do and heavenly views. I'd highly recommend visiting if you go to Corfu in the future. It is, for me, the place to be.

Have you been to Paleokastritsa? What were your favourite things to do? Let me know!

27 comments :

  1. Can't decide if I love that really cool beach buggy or your swimsuit more! The two most separate things in the images but they're my favourites. Looks like it was an amazing day all round :)
    Rebecca | The Two Twenty Somethings
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That pedalo was pretty funky wasn't it? I loved it! Thank you!

      :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous pictures! And that view...holy moly. I love Greece so much - such a beautiful place.


    Meg | A Little Twist Of…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! It's so beautiful - it's crazy.

      :)

      Delete
  3. aww you make me miss the beach!! it's getting cold in the uk, looking at your photos is making me miss thailand again!

    theleeday.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? I wish I was back at the beach so much. Jeans and a tee just aren't cutting it.

      :)

      Delete
  4. I love your photos! Greece is so beautiful xx.

    nutmegdiys.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, I am in love with this beach,. the photos look so inviting.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of the most beautiful beaches I had seen in a while. The sea was so blue!

      :)

      Delete
  6. Awww, what a beautiful island-with-a-name-I-can't-even-say-so-I'm-just-going-to-call-it-Paleo, Wow! The Aquarium looks so beautiful, I can't believe it was 10 euros! <3

    xx Bash | Hey Bash | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seriously was! I wish I could go back!

      :)

      Delete
  7. I really like your swimsuit! That is one beautiful island too. This makes me long for an instant vacation of sorts! :)

    www.annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! I look back at my photos and just wish I could set off to somewhere else!

      :)

      Delete
  8. Wow. The photos are absolutely gorgeous. I love that car/boat, such a lovely little detail.
    WritingMonique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! He was just adorable - I seriously wanted to take it out for a paddle (but apparently it's really hard to peddle!)

      :)

      Delete
  9. Lovely pictures. I really enjoyed reading your Corfu posts, sounds like an amazing place, it`s definitely going on my list of places I want to visit.

    http://www.beautynerd.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your aquarium photos are brilliant, so up close and person! I've been to Corfu before and it's such a lovely place, so relaxing. You've also given me serious holiday blues with those photos ahhh!


    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much lovely! I just wish I was back!

      :)

      Delete
  11. Really lovely photos and I love the vintage feel to them as well. Corfu looks absolutely stunning and makes me long for the beach and I am so in love with your bathing suit as well! The patterns of the straps are stunning!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Once I saw the back I knew it had to be mine!

      :)

      Delete
  12. Ah looks like you had a wonderful time! I've never been to Corfu before but it looks gorgeous! Also, I love your swimsuit, the detailing at the back is lush!xx

    Honeypot Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely did! It's lovely - and thank you!

      :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I appreciate every single one of them and will get back to them as soon as I can :)