FASHION // My Favourite Swimsuit

Friday 11 September 2015

Hello!
What is it about swimwear that makes us all go ERGH and go squeal in the corner as if there is a 20 foot tarantula in the room? Last Summer I wrote a post here about how to find swimwear because I, somehow, have quite a large collection. I look here, there and everywhere and really am quite open minded when it comes to styles. I'm not a size 8 and I know that a skimpy plunging swimsuit with lots of cut outs isn't going to suit me. However, if I want a plunging neckline and mesh detailing it is possible. I just need to find the right cut for me. That's where this bad boy comes in. At just £18 in Sainsbury's it was everything I wanted and more.

Untitled
Like I said, I am loving the plunging necklines that are taking over the high-street but if you are lucky to have a bigger than average chest (ahem) they aren't the best idea. This style is tight and has the mesh centre to hold everything in. Fabulous.

It also has a high waisted control bottom which is seriously flattering. It comes in at my waist perfectly to give me an hourglass figure that I have always dreamt about. It's really has a bit of a vintage vibe which is a-okay with me. The mesh panelling at the side is also a lovely touch, making it that little bit flirty.

Untitled
Even better is the back. The straps make it pretty much impossible to get on and off but it's just so pretty. I may have gotten some awful tan lines but they were 100% worth it. What looks like a rather plain swimsuit is made by this back detailing. I won't lie, it was the reason this one caught my eye.

I spend more money on my swimwear accessories than the swimwear itself because - hey - no-one wants to see all of that out all day. I picked up this kimono 2-3 years ago in H&M for £6 and it was seriously worth it. It's gotten me through many a night out and beach day. I really want to add some feathers to it though. The shorts are a new addition from ASOS (and in the sale - yaaaaas!). I love how light and flippy they are and whilst they only just cover my butt they are so flattering. In my eyes, they are perfect for summer and the beach.

Sure, swimwear is scary but if you find the right swimsuit for you, no matter what your size, you're sure to feel fabulous. It may take some searching but, I'll tell you now, it'll be worth it.

Where are your favourite places to get swimwear? Let me know!

14 comments :

  1. I love this swimsuit :) I honestly can't believe it's only from Sainsburys!

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was shocked to see it there but it's perfect!

      :)

      Delete
  2. Nice detailing! I love black swimsuits!

    Dora
    www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have far too many of them but you cannot go wrong with them!

      :)

      Delete
  3. Look at you missy!! Looking hawwwwwwt. That costume is gorgeous, absolutely love the back detailing xxx

    Hannah x hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you! The back is far too gorgeous for it's own good. I'm so looking forward to getting it out again for Australia!

      :)

      Delete
  4. Oh gosh, the detailing on the back is fabulous!!
    And Sainsburys? Oh I do love picking up stuff from supermarket's clothing ranges.

    Meg | A Little Twist Of…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think that Sainsbury's is generally the best. Their sizing is 90% of the time pretty good (unlike some others!) and it's pricer but much nicer!

      :)

      Delete
  5. It's such a nice swimsuit, the back is so pretty. I would definitely get tangled up in it though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just? It's so difficult getting out of it. It's like some weird yoga thing really.

      :)

      Delete
  6. This is adorable!! Love your blog!

    XO

    Olivia
    http://www.missoliviasays.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl you look stunning! I am looking for a nice bathing suit, as in a one piece but it's definitely not easy finding one you love.

    N- Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's seriously tricky - especially when you have a budget to stick to. I have loved so many but at £80+ it's not really plausible.

      :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I appreciate every single one of them and will get back to them as soon as I can :)