BEAUTY // Balance Me Moisture Rich Face Cream

Wednesday 30 July 2014

Hi y'all.
I have an itsy bitsy teenie weenie (or you know massive) thing about moisturisers right now. Since I have bought the Kiehl's Skin Rescuer and loved it I have been picking up any other reasonably priced high-end skincare I can get my hands on. I've read so much about Balance Me and couldn't resist picking this moisturiser up with Marie Claire at the airport for £2.50. I had conveniently forgotten my Elemis moisturiser and I'm really quite glad I picked this one up.


The Balance Me moisture rich face cream is a wide range moisturiser for normal to dry and even sensitive skin (perfect for me!) It is advertised as a 'power moisturiser' which acts to create protective layer on your skin which acts to plump skin and give a smooth satin finish. Yeah, it does that.

This face cream is so thick and luxe feeling. You really feel like you are putting something substantial on your face (which is the complete opposite of the Skin Rescuer which is thick but not anywhere near as thick as this one). It soaks into the skin relatively quickly and my skin immediately feels more plumped making foundation application super easy. 

I think my one issue with this moisturiser is the smell. It smells very medicinal to me. I feel like I am putting on some kind of ointment and hoped that no-one would smell my face. It isn't a bad smell as such - it just isn't that pleasant.

Overall, I really like this moisturiser. It works well and quick and stopped my face burning on holiday (I used other suncream too but I put a good thick layer of this on every evening as a kind of facial aftersun). If you are able to pick up a sample size of this moisturiser with Marie Claire this month (last month?!) do give it a try. It retails at £24 for 50 mL and I'm definitely going to pick up another travel size for £2.50 whilst I can!

Have you tried this moisturiser or anything else by Balance Me? Let me know!

8 comments :

  1. Great review, never heard of this product but I will definitely be checking it out :P Great blog btw, I followed of course It's amazing :) Keep up the amazing work Rachy :P

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Definitely check it out if you see an issue of Marie Claire. It is soooo worth the £2.50!

      :)

      Delete
  2. Smell is so important when it comes to face products though so it's a shame. I've recently tried the Balance Me eye cream and it smells gorgeous, a little citrus-y so it's a shame this one doesn't smell as good! Great Review!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think maybe I'm used to moisturisers not smelling at all! My mum absolutely loves the smell and says it doesn't smell medicinal at all so maybe it's just me! It doesn't put me off anymore though - it's that good a moisturiser!

      Delete
  3. Great review! I've actually never heard of the brand (I am from Canada) but it'll definitely be on my radar.

    Bf Gf Does Blogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you manage to pick any up cheap definitely do it! I'm not sure I'd pay the £25 for it but I would get 20 at £2.50!

      :)

      Delete
  4. Just come across your blog and I must say it is beautiful, I love the design you have here :) looks amazing

    keep up the good work :)

    would mean a lot if you was to come say hi over on my blog http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds amazing and right up my street - added to my shopping list.
    Rebecca, from The Two Twenty Somethings
    (www.thetwotwentysomethings.blogspot.co.uk)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I appreciate every single one of them and will get back to them as soon as I can :)